The size of the global animation industry was about US$244 billion in 2015. The major animation markets include the United States, Canada, Japan, China, France, Britain, Korea and Germany.
Our Animation & Motion Graphics course is based on feedback from industry experts and covers essential skills and software, industry requirements and portfolio development. This course offers all you need to start your career as an animator, motion graphic designer or concept artist.
The Animation & Motion Graphics course revolves around current industry practices and is taught by a team of highly qualified and experienced professionals using software packages such as Autodesk Maya, Adobe After Effects, Flash, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro and Dreamweaver. You will gain hands-on experience in areas such as animation (2D and 3D) and motion graphic design, using industry-standard computer systems.
Students will receive up to 120 Hours of Classroom theoretical and hands-on practical instruction. 6 hours per week for 20 weeks. Another 4 weeks will be given for student to produce a final project.
By the end of the program, you will have the ability to:
- Create 2D and 3D characters and environments that reflect the integration of graphic clarity, design
- Principles, performance principles and theoretical constructs
- Create an animated film incorporating a range of artistic styles and techniques
- Generate work that reflects initiative, creativity, adaptability and personal style
- Incorporate technology effectively in the development of animation projects.
- Integrate the concepts, principles and theories involved in the physics of animation in all aspects of drawing.
- Design layouts and backgrounds that incorporate principles of composition, perspective and color, with speed, accuracy and dexterity, using a variety of media
- Communicate ideas, emotion and intent effectively in visual, oral and written forms
- Create animation that incorporates the basic principles of constructive anatomy and drawing using economy of expression
Earn Credentials Recognized By Employers Worldwide
As an Animation & Motion Graphics student, you gain a competitive edge over your peers by earning Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) certifications in:
- Visual Communications using Adobe Photoshop®
- Rich Media Communications using Adobe Animate®
- Video Communications using Adobe Premiere®Pro
- Graphic Design & Illustration using Adobe Illustrator®
AIM instructors prepare students to successfully pass these exams through a project-based curriculum that leverages Adobe Education learning resources, practice tests, and real-world applications.
At AIM, we provide you with access to three well equipped computer labs with Macs and PCs.
We have invested in cutting edge industry standard software to ensure that you learn using the latest technology in the world. We have invested in the following software:
- Adobe After effects
- Auto Desk – Maya
- Auto Desk – 3D max
Employment of Animation & Motion Graphics practitioners is projected to grow 6 percent from 2014 to 2024 (USA statistics).
Projected growth will be due to increased demand for animation and visual effects in video games, movies, and television. There is also a larger resource pool to pull artists from which has helped grow the industry. In this fast-growing industry, you can play the roles of:
- Art Director
- Digital Illustrator
- Post Production Artist / Designer
- Video Production
- Web Designer
- 3D Modeler
- Flash Animator
1-2 years (2-4 Semesters) – Applicants must have the WASSCE/SSCE Certificate (with passes)
Basic computer proficiency is required. Attach certificates to your application.
Each course has its own specific requirements. Please enquire from the administration what requirements apply to the course of your choice.