Graphic Design is a fast-growing field with a combined global revenue of over US $57 billion. – IBISWorld(2016).
AIM’s Graphic Design Certificate programmes are ideal for professionals interested in learning graphic design. Professionals can choose any of our 3 programmes, which are designed for beginners, intermediate and advanced graphic designers and focus on specific design techniques and software. AIM’s unique curriculum leverages Adobe Education learning resources, practice tests, and real-world applications enabling students to graduate the program with impressive portfolios along with an added Adobe Certified Associate credential recognized by employers around the world.
COURSE SCHEDULE: Students will receive up to 120 Hours of Classroom theoretical and hands-on practical instruction. 6 hours per week for 20 weeks. Another 4 weeks will be given for student to produce a final project.
COURSE IN DEPTH
Upon successful completion of the programme, you will be able to:
- Build brands for print and digital using design principles, including typography, colour, and balance
- Compose and enhance images, illustrations, and websites using Adobe Creative Cloud
- Design websites and build interactive media elements, such as Motion Graphics, GIFS, and action icons
At AIM we believe in equipping you with industry-relevant skills right from the start. We understand that you might be required to work on different platforms so we have invested in the two most common platforms i.e Mac and Windows.
To guarantee quality we have invested in top of the range facilities including:
- Three computer labs with Macs and PCs
- 1:1 computer ratio
- Industry standard software like Adobe
- Wacom tablets
All computers are installed with the Adobe suite and you will get certified by Adobe at the end of the course.
Due to the limited spaces, we encourage you to apply early as we can only guarantee a space for those that have fully enrolled.
Graphic Design is a fast-growing field with a combined global revenue of over US $57 billion. IbisWorld (2016).
Companies and organization require artist to effectively visually portray their brand essence, values and identity through their logos, packaging, advertising and several other mediums. Therefore, your role as a graphic designer is critical in depicting your client’s core message to their audience.
As a graphic designer you will produce designs that get your clients’ messages across with high visual impact. You work on variety of products, including websites, packaging, books and magazines, corporate identity advertising, exhibitions and displays, and computer games.
Most graphic design work is now done on computer using specialized industry-standard graphics and multimedia software packages.
As a graphic designer you will spend your day:
- Meet with clients or the art director to determine the scope of a project
- Advise clients on strategies to reach a particular audience
- Create images that identify a product or convey a message
- Develop graphics and visual or audio images for product illustrations, logos, and websites
- Present the design to clients or the art director
- Incorporate changes recommended by the clients into the final design
- Review designs for errors before printing or publishing them
As a graduates from this program you will dive into well-paying jobs such as:
- Graphic design
- Web development
- Art directing
- Marketing specialists
- Software application development
- Marketing management
- Creative directing
Applicant Must have the WASSCE/SSSCE certificate or working experience for not less than one year.Applicant must have a proof of their working experience.
Basic computer proficiency is required. Attach certificates to your application.
Each course has its own specific requirements. Please enquire from the administration what requirements apply to the course of your choice.