The Journalism & Multimedia industry will generate global revenues of over US$ 2.2 trillion in 2021.
Traditionally known as Mass Communication, we have made some major tweaks to the course to allow students to train both as journalists and multimedia experts.
The Journalism & Multimedia course teaches students how to craft compelling news stories and incorporate multimedia elements.
The students will be equipped with the skills needed to deliver engaging content for today’s quickly changing media landscape.
Over the course of two years, Journalism & Multimedia students will learn how to create news for digital platforms, print, radio, and television; operate industry-standard audio-visual equipment; and, artfully use multimedia elements to increase engagement.
Students graduating from the course will be equipped with the skills they need to thrive in today’s multimedia newsrooms or online publishing.
Students will receive up to 120 Hours of Classroom theoretical and hands-on practical instruction. 6 hours per week for 20 weeks. Another 4 weeks will be given for student to produce a final project.
By the end of the programme, Journalism & Multimedia graduates will be able to:
- Write newsworthy stories and edit them for print, radio, TV and digital platforms
- Use multimedia elements, including photography, videography, and graphics to increase viewer engagement
- Create and pitch professional news packages to editors at traditional media houses or digital platforms, like KTN, Standard, BBC, and Buzzfeed.
- Produce a professional newsreel and digital marketing strategy that showcases each student’s unique storytelling style and cultivates a strong online following
Earn Credentials Recognized By Employers Worldwide
Journalism & Multimedia students gain a competitive edge over their peers by earning Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) certifications in:
- Video Communications using Adobe Premiere®Pro
- Visual Communications using Adobe Photoshop®
- Graphic Design & Illustration using Adobe Illustrator®
- Print & Digital Media Publication using Adobe InDesign®
We have invested in top of the range facilities including:
- Broadcast cameras
- Mobile studio
- Various types of microphones
- A virtual TV set
- Various Photography cameras
- Three computer labs with Macs and PCs
We have invested in cutting edge industry standard software to ensure that our students learn using the latest technology in the world. We have invested in the following software:
- Adobe creative suite
- Final cut
We have very close ties with other facility providers that we can extend our practicals to.
According to Ad Age, the United States had 117,100 Internet-media jobs in July 2012, compared to just 76,800 in December 2007.
As a Journalism & Multimedia student, you’ll follow in the steps of outstanding journalists who have found success as writers, reporters and editors with newspapers, magazines, non-profit organizations, corporate communication departments and creative agencies.
At the completion of the course you can become as any of the following:
- Online Journalist
- Digital Marketer
- Web designer
- Graphic Designer
- Video Editor
- PR Practitioner
- Broadcast Journalist
- Television Presenter
- Newspaper Reporter
- Radio Presenter
- Radio Producer
1-2 years (2-4 Semesters) – Applicants must have the WASSCE/SSCE Certificate (with passes)
Basic computer proficiency is required. Attach certificates to your application.
Each course has its own specific requirements. Please enquire from the administration what requirements apply to the course of your choice.